Tuesday 22 December 2009

Abigail J'adores...


I think these wooden birds from Sanna Annuka are so pretty and charming, and I especially love the story behind them...

"In Karelia there was an ancient belief in the Sielulintu or Soul bird. The Sielulintu was thought to deliver the soul to newborn babies and also to transport the soul to the afterlife at the moment of death. It was believed the Sielulintu protected a persons soul at it's most vulnerable; when dreaming, and it was tradition to keep a carved wooden bird by the bedside to keep the soul safe during sleep."

These limited edition lovelies would make the perfect addition to my bedside table - and I could certainly always do with all the help I can get to soothe my sleep. Seems like the perfect excuse to indulge to me! ;)

abigail@abigail*ryan

No comments: