Tuesday 11 May 2010

Stop motion gastronomy...

Whilst browsing the archives of fantastic food blog, "Serious Eats", I found this short, stop motion animation clip by French artist, Alexandre Dubosc.

I always find something slightly sinister about stop motion animation...a creepiness in the slightly disjointed, awkward movements of the items being animated (redolent of the final scene of "The Ring", possibly) that unsettles me (something used to superb effect in the work of Jan Švankmajer...someone who i'm sure i'll blog about soon!).

Anyway, this short film was made to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Annecy International Animated Films Festival, and features my favourite thing- Cake!*

Enjoy! ;)

*(edit) I've just been informed that cake is my SECOND favourite thing...after Abi, of course!


ryan@abigail*ryan

No comments: