Saturday 23 April 2011

A. Rubanesque...

We couldn't have been happier to stumble across the beautiful passementerie shop 'A. Rubanesque' when we were in Powerscourt Townhouse Centre in Dublin the other week...

A small, bijoux store, with enticing, exciting window displays that lured us in to find a cornucopia of ribbons, trimmings, lace, fabric, thread, sequins galore. I loved the ribbon displays all laid out in a colourful rainbow, and the selection was extremely unusual and appealing. It's so nice to not just find the same old things!

When in the store, I gushed to Ryan 'oh my goodness... this is like being in Mokuba in Paris', and, after visiting the website, I read that A. Rubanesque is the only stockist of Mokuba Ribbon on the British Isles... good spot, egh? ;)

I was incredibly strong as just came away with photos, which the management very kindly allowed me to take, but I doubt either Ryan or myself will manage to be quite so strong the next time ;)

Make sure to pay them a visit if you find yourself in Dublin-town sometime soon!

Abigail@abigail*ryan

p.s. can you spot Ryan in the photo's? ;)


1 comment:

Emily Boyd said...

This place looks fab!

I miss there being a good haberdashery near where I am. The one in Perth went a couple of years ago and it's not easy to get things now. Though it has saved me money in the long run ;)

Em x