Monday 31 October 2011

Studio Visit: Marianne Anderson...

Back in belfast at chez a*r and we're reminiscing about our ten days in Glasgow seeing friends and family... we had a great time!

I was so glad to be able to see all my pals while I was over, and Ryan and I went along to have a chat and a cuppa at my good friend Marianne Anderson's jewellery studio... she kindly let me take some snaps in her gorgeous, inspiring studio space she shares with the equally talented jeweller, Alison Macleod, and let me share them here on our blog.

I don't know about you, but I always love a glimpse in to other creative spaces. Makes me yearn for the day when we get to build our garden studio and have a place to keep everything in one space (goodbye kitchen table!) ;)

Marianne studied Jewellery and Silversmithing at Glasgow School of Art, and graduated two years ahead of me. Her work has gone from strength to strength and she exhibits and sells her work in the top galleries around the world and teaches lucky students both one to one, and at GSA. I love her meticulous, ornate detailing - beautiful colour palette of oxidised silver, 18ct gold, garnets, and pearls or mother of pearl. Black, red, white and gold never looked so good!

Check out Marianne's portfolio site, online shop as well as following her on Twitter and Pinterest :)

Was great to see you, lovely!! Come to Belfast and see us!

xo A

No comments: