Tuesday 29 November 2011

Studio Visit: Alison Macleod


When I was in Glasgow a few weeks ago, you might remember that Ryan, Angus and I visited my lovely friend Marianne Anderson in her studio? Well, she happily shared this lovely space with the equally talented and lovely jeweller, Alison Macleod!

I took some snaps of Alison's bench and inspiration wall and she has been kind enough to let me share them here... I love Alison's work - a fabulously layered collection of found objects and delicate formed silver to create pretty, ecclectic pieces of jewellery that you just want to wear! Alison is very inspired by found objects and places like junk shops, and I think that 'treasure trove' feel is evident in both her work, and her space. There is something gorgeous to look at in every corner...

I didn't know where to look first, but the lovely space certainly put a smile on my face!

You can see all Alison's beautiful jewellery here on her website and online shop, and can also follow her fab blog right HERE, find her on pinterest, and on twitter, too!

No comments: